Lella Kregel's Pie Crust
4 c flour
1 T sugar
2 t salt
1 T cider vinegar
1/2 c water
1-3/4 c Crisco (solid vegetable) shortening
- Sift together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- In separate bowl, beat together the egg, vinegar, water, and shortening.
- Stir wet mixture into dry mixture with a fork until it forms a "ball."
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Roll out on a floured surface with a rolling pin.
- Cut into desired size to fit cooking pan/pie plate.
This recipe makes about 5 pie crusts. Separately wrap any extra crusts you are not baking immediately, in plastic wrap, and freeze them until you are ready to use them.