Mom Rawlinson's "Never Fail" Dinner Rolls
1 pkg yeast
1/2 c Crisco
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t salt
1/2 c warm water (just warmer than your finger)
1/2 c boiling water
3 c all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Cream shortening, sugar, and salt.
- Pour on boiling water, stir to dissolve.
- When cool, add yeast and well-beaten egg.
- Add 2 c flour and beat well by hand.
- Add 1 c flour and mix.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator overnight. (Will keep in refrigerator for a week.)
- Three hours before serving:
Grease muffin tins.
Put three walnut-sized dough balls into each muffin cup
for a clover-leaf effect.
- Let rise AT LEAST TWO (2) HOURS.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.