Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies, Keller family favorite. Recipe from Southern Living.
1/2 c shortening (butter or Crisco)
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
2 T milk
1 t vanilla extract
1-3/4 c all-purpose flour
1 t soda
1/2 t salt
48 chocolate candy kisses
- Cream butter and peanut butter; add sugars and beat thoroughly.
- Stir in egg, milk, and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- The dough will be very stiff.
- Shape dough into balls, using a round teaspoon for each.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375F (190C) for 10-12 minutes.
- After removing from oven, top each with a candy kiss. Press down firmly, but not enough to cause the cookie to split.
- Yields 48 cookies.